Youth & Children
Youth and children are welcome to attend Highlands War with a parent or guardian. Some youth activities will be available at the event, but parents should plan on looking after their children. Kingdom of Atenveldt youth rules are in effect. Please keep track of your children.
MINORS ATTENDING WITH A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN:
Parents or guardians of minors (anyone under 18) must file an SCA Minor Waiver at the event registration tent upon arriving. These forms will be provided at the event. Minors who are registered SCA Members with proof of current membership do not require a waiver at the event.
MINORS ATTENDING WITHOUT A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN:
Minors (anyone under 18) may attend Highlands War with a temporary adult guardian appointed by their parent/legal guardian for the duration of the event. This guardian must bring two copies of each of the two documents below. These two documents must be completed and notarized prior to the event. One copy of these two documents will be retained by the SCA at the registration tent. The other copy of these two documents will be retained by the temporary adult guardian. The two required documents are:
- A notarized Temporary Guardianship Form (Arizona Version) designating who is responsible for the minor. This form must be downloaded, printed, notarized, and signed by the parent or legal guardian, and must also contain the parent(s) contact information. Be aware that other states (SCA Kingdoms) may use a different form than the Arizona version used in the Kingdom of Atenveldt. If the minor lives outside of the State of Arizona, check with the Seneschal of the local SCA group where the minor resides to get the proper form for that State, Province or Country. In all cases, the form you present when you arrive at Highlands War must be completely filled out (including any required notary information) and signed by the parent or legal guardian of the minor.
- A notarized Medical Authorization for Minors Form for the minor. This form must also be downloaded, printed, notarized, and signed by the parent or legal guardian.
All minors must be accompanied by an adult in order to be admitted to the event. Minors in the company of an adult who is not their PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN must present the above forms, completed, signed, and notarized, at event registration or they will not be permitted to attend.
MINORS CURFEW AND PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Highlands War camp curfews require that:
- Minors 15 and under must be in their own camp or escorted by an adult from 10 PM to 5 AM.
- Minors 16 to 17 years old must be in their own camp or escorted by an adult from Midnight to 5 AM.
Parents and temporary guardians will be held responsible for the minor’s behavior at all Barony of Ered Sul events and should be familiar with the Kingdom of Atenveldt Policy for Addressing Transgressions by Minors at SCA Events as well as these event rules:
- When a minor child is found unaccompanied and endangered, a report will be filed with the event staff and local law enforcement agencies will be notified when it is deemed necessary.
- Any child found unattended in a closed vehicle or tent during the day may be “rescued.” In Arizona, vehicle interiors can quickly reach lethal temperatures. Event staff will not be responsible for damage caused.
- All children 12 and under must wear a wristband with the contact information of their parent or guardian. These will be provided at the registration tent.