Hi all, here is the schedule for Highlands War. If you are bringing horses or interested in renting, please go here and follow the appropriate links.
You must register horses you are bringing before May 23rd, 2014.
All schedules are at the discretion of the Crown and will be adjusted to accommodate courts. Updated schedules will be posted at the arena and information center.
If you are bringing your own equines, our hosts, Caren or Billy Wiltbank, will be providing some rental stalls. Please contact them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Stall rentals will be $5 per day.
Equestrian Area Rules
- Never disturb a horse or its tack without the permission of its owner/renter. This particularly applies to feeding them, especially when they have a bit in their mouth.
- Minors should be under adult supervision at all times while in the equestrian area.
- Please do not feed or touch any of the horses without permission from the owner/renter.
- A red tassel or ribbon on a horse indicates that the horse may bite or kick. Do not approach this horse.
- Virtually all horses will kick and/or bite when startled, so stay clear of the front and back unless told it is okay to approach the animal.
- Horses startle easily. Do not run, jump, yell or make sudden movements around them.
- The equestrian arena closes at sunset to everyone except horse owners/renters.
- Please, no loud parties or drumming in the equestrian area after 10:30 pm.
SCA Corporate Equestrian Handbook rules will be followed.
There is camping and horse trailer parking available for equestrians and those who are part of an equestrian group. This area is close to the arena to allow horse owners to lead their horse to their trailers for saddling, etc.
Trail Rides will be offered by Sprucedale Ranch. These trail rides are not part of the SCA event nor are they covered by SCA insurance/policies. Please see this link for more information.